Enjoy the best Gale Sayers Quotes at USlifed. Quotations by Gale Sayers, American Athlete, Born May 30, 1943. Share with your friends.
Gale Sayers Biography
- Nationality: American
- Type: Athlete
- Born: May 30, 1943
1. I learned that if you want to make it bad enough, no matter how bad it is, you can make it.
2. There are some people that probably should be in the Hall of Fame, but they’re not for some reason.
3. There comes a time when you have to stand up and be counted.
4. I don’t care to be remembered as the man who scored six touchdowns in a game. I want to be remembered as a winner in life.
5. Athletes as role models and heroes is a hoax, a sick hoax. The men and women who are fighting in Iraq, they are the true heroes.
6. Our young people look up to us. Let us not let them down. Our young people need us. Saving them will make heroes of us all.
7. I was playing in the league when Ray Guy was playing in the league. He was the best kicker I’ve ever seen. He could bullet that ball 70 yards.
8. I had a career that was very short, but it had a lot of thrills.
9. We must stop the trend of closing schools and building prisons.
10. What happens also is that a lot of those people and reporters who vote for Hall of Famers, some of the people who were around when Ray Guy was around, are deceased. And some of the reporters don’t remember Ray Guy. He should have been in the Hall of Fame 15 years ago.
11. Halas didn’t believe in starting rookies.
12. Jay Cutler, he’s a fine quarterback, but I think at times he gets a little nicked up.
13. We have about 4 million people who have voted for who they want to see in the Hall of Fame. There are some people they put down that are pretty good players. You have Ray Guy, Jim Plunkett, Lester Hayes and Donnie Shell.